UPDATED: March 27, 2015
Apart from the half dozen teams that kicked-off last weekend, the other 100 GPFC teams kick off their 2015 season this Saturday & Sunday. Whose excited!!
A few key points to note below for team weekend readiness:
1. Player ID cards that haven’t been collected will be waiting for team manager or coach at Blue Hills (U9) and Ched Towns (U10-O35). If you do not have an id card for a player (late rego) they cannot play this weekend.
2. Team sheets (U11-O35). Please ensure all players recorded on team sheet are noted with shirt # if they play. Put DNP if not playing the match. Make sure your players are id checked by opposing team and do likewise for them. Coach and Manager needs to sign next to their name and ensure your Marshalls full name and signature is recorded. There is a spot for acting coach/manager to sign if needed. Please confirm with a committee member if unsure, especially if upgrading any player to your team.
4. SSF U5-U7 shorts & socks have arrived and will be at Blue Hills on Saturday morning. Any new players yet to receive or swap short size please arrive earlier for your game and see a committee member.
5. GPFC purple shorts – unfortunately our extra order has not arrived in time for this weekend. Any new players without correct size shorts can obtain a pair of last seasons shorts to wear this weekend and can keep these as training shorts. Please see committee member at either ground.
6. GPFC white socks will be available at both grounds. Cost is $10
7. Match Balls (U10-O35) – Any of these teams that did not receive a match ball on muster day please see committee member at Ched Towns on Saturday.
Finally, we hope all teams enjoy being back on the park, especially all brand new players to football and the many new players that have joined GPFC this season. Remember that it is just a game, albeit the ‘beautiful one’ so stay calm, just go with the decisions that are made on the pitch and all (spectators included) represent the “Kookaburra’s” with dignity and much pride.
UPDATED: March 26, 2015
We are pleased to promote a Western Sydney Wanderers Football Holiday Clinic that will be held right here in Glenmore Park at Ched Towns Reserve.
The clinic will be held over two days on Monday 13th and Tuesday 14th April and is for 4 – 12 year olds.
The cost is $65 for a single day or $110 for both days. Each participant will receive a WSW Community Jersey.
Further details and how to register are contained in the attached Flyer. Bookings are direct to WSW on 1300 139 938
UPDATED: March 24, 2015
Our U5-U7 SSF major sponsor Penrith Toyota has kindly arranged for a “Player of the week” trophy for every Under 5, 6 & 7 team. Could the coach/manager of the team please report to the Toyota tent that will be set-up on Saturday to collect your teams trophy.
GPFC is very appreciative of this kind gesture as I’m sure all U5-U7 teams, and most importantly all the kids who will get to receive the trophy each week. We hope to see our Miniroos jumping in the air and shouting “Oh what a feeling”
Thank you Penrith Toyota for your major sponsorship of our Miniroos teams and wonderful community involvement with GPFC