Glenmore Park Football Club aims to provide a non threatening, safe, open friendly environment for people to play football regardless of gender, age, race or socio-economic background.
To achieve this our parents must behave in a suitable manner that includes the following –
- Remember that children participate in sport for their enjoyment, not yours.
- Encourage children to participate, do not force them.
- Focus on the child’s effort and performance rather than winning or losing.
- Encourage children always to play according to the rules and to settle disagreements without resorting to hostility or violence.
- Never ridicule or yell at a child for making a mistake or losing a competition.
- Remember that children learn best by example. Appreciate good performances and skilful plays by all participants.
- Support all efforts to remove verbal and physical abuse from sporting activities.
- Respect officials’ decisions and teach children to do likewise.
- Show appreciation for volunteer coaches, officials and administrators. Without them your child could not participate.
- Respect the rights, dignity and worth of every young person regardless of their gender, ability, cultural background or religion.